[merge] rename 'knitpack' format to 'pack0.92'

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Fri Nov 23 04:54:36 GMT 2007

> How is this going to effect repositories that are already using the
> knitpack-experimental repository format?  Will we need to "upgrade"
> these repos, or will bazaar handle this automatically?

Good question - it doesn't change the on-disk format string, so you
won't need to touch your repositories.  It does mean your existing
repository's format will be described differently by 'bzr info', and
to recreate another repository in the same format you need to use the
new name.

(There was such a transition in the very early days of this format,
prior to 0.92, but if you are using a pack repository with 0.92 you've
either already done this or don't need to.)

--
Martin