Update on Bazaar User Guide for 1.0

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 22 23:39:43 GMT 2007

William Dode wrote:
> On 22-11-2007, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>> My attention got diverted to some coding tasks towards the end of last
>> week so this wasn't finished then, but it is still moving along nicely.
>> Latest draft is online here:
>> http://people.ubuntu.com/~ianc/doc/en/user-guide/index.html.
>
> the chapter 7.1.2.1 mention this bug :
>
> The bzr+ssh:// URL scheme only supports absolute paths from the root of
> the filesystem. Future versions are expected to support ~ in the same
> way as sftp:// URLs (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/109143).
>
> Since it's the only one mentioned in this documentation. Shoudn't be
> marked as critical for the release and disapear from here ?

Perhaps. OTOH, there is a workaround - provide the full path - so the
bug isn't as serious as some others.

It's an interesting point that the rest of the document doesn't refer to
known bugs. It ought to. The first 6 chapters are largely fresh content
so bug references will likely get added as the document gets through
review, included in a release and more people road test the document.

Ian C.