UI confusion / consistency

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Thu Nov 22 23:31:51 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 22, 2007 at 10:51:32PM +0100 I heard the voice of
Nicholas Allen, and lo! it spake thus:

> I tend to cd to the root when I want to work on the whole branch
> anyway. Maybe that's just because I'm used to CVS [...]

That's one of the wildly annoying behaviors of CVS I shed uncountably
negative tears in leaving behind.  I've wasted too many hours of my
live on "whoops, these files should have been in the last commit" and
"I KNOW I changed that other file, why isn't diff showing it?" and "cd
../../../../../.. ; cvs commit ; back".  When I commit, or stat or
diff, I want to commit or see the whole tree.  That's why I made it
one tree in the first place.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net