[MERGE] migrate switch command into the core

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 22 04:48:48 GMT 2007

The revised patch is attached. As well as cleaning up the issues Aaron
raised (see below), the code now has David's name back in as an author
(on his request) and fails cleanly if pending merges are found.

Note that this still doesn't support heavyweight checkouts yet, just
lightweight. I think that's ok - the latter can come in another patch
once we're all agreed (i.e. I understand) how it ought to work semantically.

Aaron Bentley wrote:

> I think you should also retain the 2006 copyright date, i.e. it should
> read: "Copyright (C) 2006, 2007 Canonical Ltd."

Done.

> ^^^ something wacky here; if to_branch == tree.branch, why do we need both?

Fixed.

> ^^^ branch_format appears unused.

Fixed.

> It would be nice to factor the fixture code out.
>
> Also, we need at least one blackbox test.

Both done.

Ian C.