[MERGE] Various packs fixes

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Thu Nov 22 03:27:10 GMT 2007

Martin Pool has voted approve.
Status is now: Approved
Comment:
+        :param file_mode: An optional file mode to create the new files
with.

(comment) I think the 'official' way to do this at present is through
control_files; I have a branch that adds a default mode to transports so
that it can be used in more places and so that we can deprecate
LockableFiles.

But maybe it's just easier to let the transport user provide it, as you
do here.

+            if next_revs - have_revs == set([revision_id]):
+                # we saw the start rev itself, but no parents from it
(or
+                # next_revs would have been updated to e.g. set(). We
remove
+                # have_revs because if we found revision_id locally we
+                # stop_searching at the first time around.
+                raise errors.NoSuchRevision(self.source, revision_id)

Is it possible those sets could be large enough that differencing them
every time would be a performance problem?  I think probably not.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C1195698998.7853.0.camel%40lifeless-64%3E