bzr crash while trying to revert

Hugh Secker-Walker hsw at jhu.edu
Thu Nov 15 17:40:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

I can reproducibly get bzr to crash while it's trying to revert.

I had temporarily renamed a directory from 'liveaudio' to 'liveaudiox'
(using 'mv liveaudio liveaudiox', just to test some project build
issues).  And then, while the directory was still temporarily renamed, I
committed some changes I'd made to code elsewhere.  Bzr decided I
intended to delete the liveaudio directory.  So, as part of the commit,
bzr deleted that directory from my repository.  (I think this is a
mis-feature that bzr would remove something from the repository without
me having said 'bzr delete', but that's not what this message is about.)

I've been trying to bring back the directory that bzr deleted.  If I try
to bring back one file, I get the following crash.

Good luck,
-Hugh

$ bzr revert -v   cpp/liveaudio/audio.h -r 59
bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no
attribute 'inventory'

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line
800, in run_bzr_catch_errors
    return run_bzr(argv)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line
758, in run_bzr
    ret = run(*run_argv)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/commands.py", line
492, in run_argv_aliases
    return self.run(**all_cmd_args)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/builtins.py", line
3077, in run
    not no_backup, pb, report_changes=True)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/mutabletree.py",
line 50, in tree_write_locked
    return unbound(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/workingtree.py",
line 1917, in revert
    report_changes)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/transform.py",
line 1579, in revert
    raw_conflicts = resolve_conflicts(tt, child_pb)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/transform.py",
line 1703, in resolve_conflicts
    new_conflicts.update(pass_func(tt, conflicts))
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/bzrlib/transform.py",
line 1756, in conflict_pass
    entry = path_tree.inventory[file_id]
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'inventory'

bzr 0.91.0 on python 2.5.1.final.0 (darwin)
arguments: ['/opt/local/bin/bzr', 'revert', '-v',
'cpp/liveaudio/audio.h', '-r', '59']

** please send this report to bazaar at lists.ubuntu.com