[MERGE][bug #6700] diff on branches without working trees

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Tue Nov 20 06:59:24 GMT 2007

On 20/11/2007, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
> One possibility is to use a 'separator symbol' within the argument list
> before which are the files and after which are the branches. For
> example, if '--' were selected as the separator:
>
> * diff just files: bzr diff file1 dir1
> * diff trees: bzr diff -- tree1 tree2
> * diff files across trees: bzr diff file dir1 -- tree1 tree2

This was one of the things I hated about tla/baz.  "--" as an argument
has a specific meaning for programs that do GNU-style option parsing,
and that is "no further option arguments".

Using it as a separator for different types of positional arguments is
confusing and inconsistent, so I'd hate to see Bazaar pick it up.

James.