Launchpad downtime on 22nd November

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Nov 19 19:55:24 GMT 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 6:31 AM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 19:13 +0000, Matthew Revell wrote:
> > Hi Robert,

> > > It's a bit strange you need to send this out to random mailing lists
> > > rather than us seeing it on launchpad as we use it.
> >
> > I think it's a bit harsh to say I sent it to "random mailing lists" :)
>
> Perhaps arbitrary is better?

Well, it's arbitrary in that some people will get it who aren't
interested, but more importantly many people who would be interested
won't see the mail.  I didn't even see it on launchpad-users.

I really think you should arrange for this kind of news to be on the
Launchpad home page, and for very important news linked from the top
green bar so it's visible everywhere.

I wonder how people are meant to discover that launchpad-users or
launchpad-announce exists?  Maybe there should be a link to it from
the registration page?

--
Martin