[MERGE] migrate switch command into the core

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Nov 16 01:38:52 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 11:33 +1000, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> As recently discussed, here's a patch to add switch to the core product.
> This is basically the code taken directly from BzrTools. I think it is
> worth landing this first and then extending it (via a second patch I'll
> do) to support heavyweight checkouts as Matthew, John and Aaron have
> been discussing.
>
> Once this is through review and landed, I'll submit the changes to
> BzrTools as well to take switch out of there. In the meantime, I'm
> assuming that there won't be any problems having the "same" code in two
> places?
>
> BTW, now seems like a good time to acknowledge the work Aaron Bentley
> and David Allouche did to write the original code. I've added their
> names to the NEWS item but removed their names from the file headers for
> the sake of standardising the copyright header.

I haven't looked at this yet, but I think it should be given the full
normal review; if you've just grabbed the code and not done a review
yet, can I ask that that be the first thing you do - we do this on all
code coming in, and my feeling is that if Aaron had felt it was ready
for bzrlib he would already have submitted it :). (Like the LRU cache
yesterday - I did a full review of that as a third party before
submitting).

-Rob