[MERGE] migrate switch command into the core

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Fri Nov 16 01:33:25 GMT 2007

As recently discussed, here's a patch to add switch to the core product.
This is basically the code taken directly from BzrTools. I think it is
worth landing this first and then extending it (via a second patch I'll
do) to support heavyweight checkouts as Matthew, John and Aaron have
been discussing.

Once this is through review and landed, I'll submit the changes to
BzrTools as well to take switch out of there. In the meantime, I'm
assuming that there won't be any problems having the "same" code in two
places?

BTW, now seems like a good time to acknowledge the work Aaron Bentley
and David Allouche did to write the original code. I've added their
names to the NEWS item but removed their names from the file headers for
the sake of standardising the copyright header.

Ian C.