[MERGE][Bug #5135] 'diff' will run on a symlink pointing to a branch

Daniel Watkins dwatkins.gcode at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 08:13:57 GMT 2007

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:28:22 -0500 (EST)
Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
> You might want to look at my just submitted patch to improve diff.
> Rather than assume all paths might be symlinks, we might be able to
> combine the two patches so that the desired indirection is
> selectively applied only when appropriate.
I think it's probably better to wait for that change to land before
tackling this bug, especially given how dodgy my approach is in this
patch.   If someone could go ahead and veto this, that'd be
appreciated. :)

--
Daniel Watkins (Odd_Bloke)
University of Warwick Christian Focus President