[MERGE] improvements to the docstrings of bzrlib.smart and contents.

Michael Hudson michael.hudson at canonical.com
Wed Nov 14 16:54:59 GMT 2007

Just responding to the one point here, as it's something that needs to
be sorted out before I resubmit:

Aaron Bentley wrote:

 >>  Media carry the bytes of the requests somehow (e.g. via TCP,
wrapped in HTTP, or
 >>  over SSH), and pass them to and from the protocol logic.  See the
overview in
 >> -bzrlib/transport/smart/__init__.py.
 >> +`bzrlib.smart`.
 >
 > Single backticks are definitely wrong, unless you're trying to make it
 > italic.

They turn into links in the HTML generated by epydoc/pydoctor.  Is the
utility of being able to click on the links in the generated
documentation worth some clutter in the docstrings?  I can't decide
that for bzrlib.

Cheers,
mwh

PS: I recently updated the pydoctor running
http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/bzrlibapi/, though I think the
only difference that really affects bzr is the recording of when
pydoctor ran.