[MERGE] [BUG #162494] Fix register-branch

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Nov 13 22:09:23 GMT 2007

Vincent's recent patch to add auth-ring support to the launchpad plugin
broke 'bzr register-branch'.

This patch adds tests for gather_user_credentials(), and fixes to get the
password correctly.

I suppose we should be using a blackbox test that 'bzr register-branch'
does the correct thing. But it requires a bit more monkey patching than
I'm willing to do right now. (You have to make sure it doesn't actually
try to connect to the remote service.)

So I felt this was a reasonable compromise. I can say that it fixes it for
my use of 'bzr register-branch' to register this branch itself as a bug
fix for the bug #162494.