GUI for Bazaar

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Tue Nov 13 10:23:40 GMT 2007

I agree QBzr is great. It may not have all the features of bzr-gtk but
it has some that it doesn't (auto complete in commit message for
example). I think it feels much more polished (especially on Windows).
It really has a very similar feel to TortoiseSVN (much more so than
bzr-gtk) which most users will be familiar with. I think if QBzr could
have commands for all of the equivalent dialogs in TortoiseSVN (and it
has quite a few already) the only thing lacking would be integration
with Explorer which should be pretty trivial.

To me QBzr seems like the right way. On Linux perhaps bzr-gtk makes more
sense but as a cross-platform GUI experience QBzr is far ahead. Gtk was
never designed to be a cross platform GUI library and this is really
obvious from its API. Qt however works great on all platforms and was
designed from the ground up to be cross platform. So I guess it is not
really surprising that bzr-gtk feels out of place on Windows (and
probably Mac OS/X too).

IMHO QBzr is the definitely the way to go for a just works, easy to
install, cross platform Bazaar GUI.

Nick