bzr-svn as part of windows install?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Nov 12 20:18:02 GMT 2007

Am Montag, den 12.11.2007, 20:04 +0200 schrieb Alexander Belchenko:
> Robert Collins пишет:
> > On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 10:37 +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> >> It may be nice to have just the required svn dlls + bzr-svn as
> >> (optional) part of the Windows installer.
> >
> > Jelmer just suggested this in bug 161082 (bzr-svn hard to get going on
> > windows). I think this is a great idea. Alexander - what do you think?
>
> I think that Lukas Lalinsky chose the right way with QBzr:
> he created additional installer compatible with standalone bzr.exe
> with required Qt/PyQt libraries *inside*.
>
> I personally don't use neither svn nor bzr-svn so I can't predict
> the weight of additional libraries in standalone bzr.exe distribution.
> Furthermore, I can't test it in the appropriate way. I several times
> look at the bzr-svn description at Bazaar wiki, and I should say
> that I'm not completely understand situation with svn bindings and
> patch from svn 1.5 (see Requirements section).
In terms of file size, the svn libraries shouldn't be that much of an issue. In terms of maintainance, it's probably a bit harder - involves building subversion from scratch with the patches, and determining which files are needed for bzr-svn.

> But it certainly doable in the QBzr's way.
>
> If we want to ship bzr with batteries included I'd like to fix
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/129298 first.
I think it would be very nice to ship bzr with some of the common
plugins on Windows.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org