Sharing repository through a read-only web server

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Mon Nov 12 16:40:29 GMT 2007

* Ben Gerdemann [Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:30:45 +0000]:

> Yep, that's exactly the problem. It's returning a 403 instead of 404 even though
> the file does not exist.

So, uhm, the webserver is broken. *Maybe* it's broken in a way that
makes this solve your troubles:

  % mkdir /web/server/dir/bzr-repo/home/.bzr/repository

(That is, that it'll return 403 on directories that do not exist, but
still 404 on missing files on existing directories.)

> If suppose that if Bazaar considered the error code 403 as a missing file this
> would probably lead to other problems later... Can I setup the repository in
> some way that it doesn't have to scan for the repository/format file? Or somehow
> force it to look in a certain directory?

Some other person will have to answer this.

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

The thing is, I like you. Actually... I love you. It's a difficult thing
for Denny Crane to say, unless it's part of foreplay.
                -- Denny Crane