[RFC][Bug #40983] Loading of command-line arguments from a file

Daniel Watkins D.M.Watkins at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Nov 9 16:35:53 GMT 2007

Bug #40983[0] is a feature request for SVN --targets-like reading of
command line arguments from a file.  This is to get around problems
with the maximum numbers of arguments in shells.

Two ways of doing this occur to me:
 1) In each command that requires it, add specific functionality
    (presumably with all of them using a helper function to do the heavy
    lifting).
 2) Make this a global option and treat each line as a separate
    command-line argument, meaning it can be passed to any command.

(1) seems to make more sense than (2) to me, but I thought I'd get some
feedback so I don't spend some time this weekend working on a patch
only for it to be suggested that I should do it the opposite way.

Dan

[Footnote 0: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/40983]

--
Daniel Watkins (Odd_Bloke)
University of Warwick Christian Focus President