[MERGE] Automatic discovery of tests

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Nov 7 17:15:51 GMT 2007

> Off-hand, the only downside is that it will break for the standalone
> bzr.exe. It could certainly be updated to look in .zip files if we really
> want to bring that back. But as 'bzr.exe' is meant as an installed
> executable, I'm not sure that we really need to have the test suite
> available. (Developers need to run the test suite more than users need
> to.)

That's ok with me as long as there's a reasonably clean message.

It is somewhat desirable to be able to run tests on an installed copy
of Bazaar.  This does not currently work at the moment because it's
not regularly tested, and some of the source tests accidentally fail
if not run from a source directory.  We don't need to fix this now.

--
Martin