[MERGE] Re-enable the WT4._iter_changes fast path against the null: parent

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Nov 6 23:30:46 GMT 2007

WT4._iter_changes was originally designed to support comparison against
'null:'. For whatever reason it was disabled, but this patch reverts that
to re-enable it.

This has an effect on some of our benchmarks, because the non-fast path
doesn't update the hash cache. Which means that multiple "bzr status"
calls stay slow.

It is a fairly minor change, but I haven't run the full test suite to make
sure nothing breaks. (It is currently running.)