locking error with knitpack

William Dode wilk at flibuste.net
Tue Nov 6 11:20:21 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm currently testing bzr.dev with knitpack and found an error
with the protocol bzr+ssh (both server and client use the same version
of bzr)

bzr: ERROR: Could not understand response from smart server: ('error', "<bound m                                                               ethod KnitPackRepository.leave_lock_in_place of KnitPackRepository('chroot-10784                                                               43340:///tmp/toto/.bzr/repository/')>")

I can reproduce this problem easily :

wilk at domino:/tmp/proj$ bzr init --knitpack-experimental
wilk at domino:/tmp/proj$ bzr push bzr+ssh://flibuste.net/tmp/proj
Created new branch.
wilk at domino:/tmp/proj$ touch t
wilk at domino:/tmp/proj$ bzr add t
added t
wilk at domino:/tmp/proj$ bzr ci -m 'add t'
Committing revision 1 to "/tmp/proj/".
added t
Committed revision 1.
wilk at domino:/tmp/proj$ bzr push bzr+ssh://flibuste.net/tmp/proj
bzr: ERROR: Could not understand response from smart server: ('error',
"<bound method KnitPackRepository.leave_lock_in_place of
KnitPackRepository('chroot-1078443340:///tmp/proj/.bzr/repository/')>")

I tried on the same machine with bzr+ssh://localhost and it does the
same

also, it seem to be very slow to create the remote (empty) branch :
time bzr push bzr+ssh://flibuste.net/tmp/proj
Created new branch.

real    0m8.176s
user    0m0.692s
sys     0m0.164s

Compare with rsync
wilk at domino:/tmp$ time rsync -a proj flibuste.net:/tmp/projrsync

real    0m1.782s
user    0m0.040s
sys     0m0.004s

hope to help...