[MERGE] Authentication ring implementation (read-only)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Sun Nov 4 14:59:21 GMT 2007

> > If it doesn't actually *have* a super method, it seems a bit strange or
> > misleading to call it.  I don't know if we have a specific policy on it.
> > Calling super always to get "always called first" behaviour like Java or
> > C++ seems not quite right.
> >

> Well, in Python, if you want to properly support multiple inheritance, you
> actually have to do this.
>
> The issue is that in more convoluted schemes, 'super()' doesn't actually call
> the base class.

If the call is there so that you can do MI, then a comment saying so
would be good, to be sure no one removes it and it's borne in mind
during other changes.  In practice as this constructor has more
mandatory parameters than its super method it will be a little tricky
(not impossible) to use this way....

--
Martin