[RFC] symlinks support on win32: what features really needed or bzr?

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Nov 1 14:04:44 GMT 2007

Martin Pool пишет:
>>> It would be kind of nice if we could arrange to use the win32 approach
>>> for symlinks, maybe for people who have special situations (on a samba
>>> share?), but at least so we can test them.  Maybe you could make all
>>> the tests for symlinks be run in two scenarios, real and fake
>>> symlinks.  I wouldn't insist on this to merge, it's just an idea.
>> Good point. I need to think about it.
>
> If you're going to try this, I suggest you use the new
> multiply_tests_from_modules if possible, or ask if it doesn't do what
> you want -- I think it's simpler than the old ways (which we should
> clean up sometime.)

OK. I was thinking about testing fake symlinks on Linux, and I should
say that I don't know how to achieve this. My cygwin-linke fake symlinks
implementation used Win32API, and I believe it's unavailable on Linux.
I know mostly nothing about Samba internals, and don't know is it allows
to read/write windows file attributes, particularly my code used SYSTEM
attribute.

Maybe someone (Jelmer?) can shed light on this question, but for now
it's mostly unlikely.

Alexander