Mini Tutorial might not be clear enough

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 00:09:23 GMT 2007

After the feedback of a user trying to learn how to use Bazaar
following the mini-tutorial
(http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/mini-tutorial/), I'd like to
bring up an item for discussion.

The bit that seems confusing is when the user has created his branch
remotely, and wants to update it. The user instinctively tried this:
http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/mini-tutorial/index.html#merging-your-work-into-the-parent-branch

What he actually should of been doing is a simple push, but the fact
that the words "publishing" where used seemed to throw him off, and
"updating" sounded more like what he wanted to do.

I know a few people are tinkering with bzr documentation these days,
so I'd rather bring it up before trying to change it.

Thoughts?

Martin