win32/sftp issues

Andrew Voznytsa andrew.voznytsa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 21:35:59 GMT 2007

Hi All,

I see some annoying issues with sftp. Let me explain:

a)       I've Linux box with sftp server on it (Gentoo if it matters)

b)       I've WinXP SP2 box with putty (latest available) and bazaar.exe
(from your site; 0.90.0)

If I try

bzr push sftp://user:password@host/path/dir

then I'm getting bzr crash. According to my investigation it is because of
putty presence in the PATH. If I remove putty then everything works just
great (and note - it does not ask for password and use this one supplied in
url; not very secure but ok for me).

Next:

bzr co -lightweight sftp://user:password@host/path/dir

I'm asked for password a few times even if it was supplied in URL.

If you need more information from me then just email.

Best regards,
Andrew Voznytsa