[MERGE][157752] Wrap medusa test ftp server behind FTPServerFeature

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Oct 30 18:33:06 GMT 2007

Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
> I had mainly fixed it while working on bug #127164 where I want
> several lightly different ftp test servers, so the first step was
> to transfer the actual medusa ftp test server in its own file.
>
> I just had to create a dummy ftp server to make the test suite
> reports the actual tests skipped.
>
>         Vincent

We generally try not to capitalize module names. Mostly because this causes
confusion like:

from bzrlib.tests import FTPServer

  FTPServer.FTPServer ???

there are some files in tests/* that have CamelCase, but we moved away from that.

- -        return [(FtpTransport, FtpServer)]
+        # Dummy server to have the test suite report the number of tests
+        # needing that feature.
+        class FTPServer(object):
+            def setUp(self):
+                raise tests.UnavailableFeature(tests.FTPServerFeature)
+
+        return [(FtpTransport, FTPServer)]
^- Please don't call the fake server (that always fails) the same as the one
that works. Either call it

FakeFTPServer
or
FailingFTPServer
etc.

So I would change those lines to:

if tests.FTPServerFeature.available():
  from bzrlib.tests import ftp_server
  return [(FtpTransport, ftp_server.FTPServer)]
else:
  class UnavailableFTPServer(object):
     def setUp(self):
         raise tests.UnavailableFeature(tests.FTPServerFeature)

  return [(FtpTransport, UnavailableFTPServer)]

Otherwise, if this was basically just a cut & paste job:

BB:tweak