'bzr update' fails in an http Launchpad checkout

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Oct 30 15:44:03 GMT 2007

On 10/29/07, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> It makes me wonder if:
>
> def is_same_location(location1, location2):
>   parts1 = split_url(location1)
>   parts2 = split_url(location2)
>
>   return parts1 == parts2
>
> would be a reasonable way to do it.
>
> Maybe ignoring a password, but paying attention to the username, and maybe
> urlquoting the path.
>
> Then again, we don't always know whether the path is already quoted... That was
> what get_transport() was hiding (because the 'base' could be a local Unicode
> path, or a fully escaped URL.)

I'm not sure how far it's progressed, but there was a general plan to
distinguish dwim interfaces (that take paths, or try to guess what
escaping is needed) from ones that work only on real urls.

I think is_same_transport should require the inputs be valid urls, but
allow for them to be escaped in different ways.  So

  /a == /%61

--
Martin