Feedback on migration to bzr

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Tue Oct 30 11:54:43 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 07:43:19AM -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > This has come up a couple of other times before. How likely is it that
> > subtrees are going to land soon?
> My guess is "pretty unlikely", since no one is working on them AFAIK.
Wouter commented to me in person a couple of days ago he thought they
weren't too far off, but I'm not sure whether he has any plans to
work on them. Wouter?

> > If they are still some time off,
> > would it perhaps be possible to have a data format that can
> > store rich roots but not subtrees and as such doesn't have to be
> > marked experimental?
> Certainly possible.  The xml6 serializer (used by the deleted
> KnitRepositoryFormat2) does that.  But it would still be a watershed,
> and I thought it wasn't worth having a watershed just for rich roots.
Why does it have to be a watershed? Would it be possible
to simply limit downgrades to revisions that have their tree root set
to bzrlib.inventory.ROOT_ID.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--