Feedback on migration to bzr

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 30 11:43:50 GMT 2007

Hi,

Matthew East [2007-10-30 10:43 +0000]:
> 1. -sub-trees format issues. I used bzr-svn to import the repository,
> and discovered that this uses this format by default which is not
> supported by the default bzr shared repository.

I second that. bzr-svn is awesome, helps me a lot with collaboration
with Debian, but this bug is quite serious. when I stumbled over this
error message first I was quite puzzled as well. I did it for two
different imports now, and I am not sure any more how I managed to
fiddle with it until LP accepted my branch, but the error message was
quite unhelpful.

However, I can only echo Matthew about the general experience.  Once
the svn -> bzr branch on LP migration is done, working with the Debian
and Ubuntu branches, merging stuff back and forth, etc. is just
absolutely rocking great!

Thanks,

Pitti

--