bzr-svn fetching all revisions even though -r 500 passed to branch command

Nicholas Allen allen at ableton.com
Mon Oct 29 14:25:34 GMT 2007

>> Is there a better way to do this? Would it be possible to code a
>> workaround in bzr-svn so that it only fetches revisions in blocks of 500
>> or so to get around the svn memory leaks?
>>
> The workaround that the Mercurial folks have implemented is invoking
> "svn log" and parsing the output. I'd be happy to include patches that
> make it possible to use a similar workaround for bzr-svn.

Could another simple workaround be to fork another process that executes
the exact same code as now but only fetches 100 revisions at a time? It
would keep forking these processes in a loop until all revision data has
been fetched. This is essentially what I am doing manually by Ctrl-C'ing
it every so often and restarting. Do you think this would work? I'm not
sure if python supports this and on all platforms or not though...

Nick