[MERGE, 157335] (robertc) Fix export to lock the repository. (Robert Collins)

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sun Oct 28 18:01:12 GMT 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 13:44 -0400, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Robert Collins wrote:
> > This bugfixes export for packs. The export command was assuming that
> > unlocked access to a repo worked.
>
> Is there documentation about which operations that formerly did not
> require locks now require them?  This is, after all, and API break.

Uhm, I don't think so, but you are right there should be; preferrably
now but most definitely before packs or a successor become a default
format.

Basically with packs, almost all Repository operations require a lock of
one sort or another. Things like 'fetch' that are large scale operations
don't, but get_* operations (get_parents, get_revision etc) do.

-Rob