Equivalent to svn tags?

Matthew Tylee Atkinson mta at agrip.org.uk
Thu Oct 25 23:28:53 BST 2007

Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> Bazaar has a 'tag' command for creating a tag and a 'tags' command for
> listing them. Using a tag name as a revision identifier is supported -
> simply use the format 'tag:xxx' as explained here:
> http://doc.bazaar-vcs.org/latest/en/user-reference/bzr_man.html#revision-identifiers.
> Having said that, note also that Bazaar has nice, friendly revision
> numbers in a branch, e.g. 142. So you can always simply note down that
> number (or find it via log) if you can't be bothered applying a tag.

Thanks very much for this and all of your other advice.

> Good to hear. "Just works" is what Bazaar is all about. There's no need
> for DVCS to be complex. Instead, it ought to be a clean match to the
> workflows developers want to use. We'll always have room for improvement
> (and the more feedback we get, the better) but I think we're on the
> right track. http://bazaar-vcs.org/Workflows nicely illustrates what I mean.

It certainly does; cheers!

I'm hoping to register a number of projects on Launchpad, which will
require us to reorganise our svn repository quite a bit before migrating
to bzr -- there are a few tightly-related modules and some other ones
that can be more easily teased out.

However, I am looking forward to doing this now, as it seems that using
both Launchpad (which is surprisingly accessible) and bzr should lower
the barriers to entry for users who are thinking about development.

best regards,

--
Matthew Tylee Atkinson <mta at agrip.org.uk>