Checkout error (traceback)

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sat Oct 27 16:10:27 BST 2007

Rich Sage пишет:
> Using Bazaar 0.91, Windows Vista (HP) via Cygwin:

Rich, and all-all-all dear Cygwin users!

If you're using Cygwin, then please install bzr in usual
way on Cygwin as on any other Linux machine:

1) unpack tarball to your ~
2) python setup.py install

Then you'll have native cygwin installation with all bonuses from
Cygwin, like symlinks emulation etc.

You're installed bzr.exe -- native version intended to use on pure
Windows, not on Cygwin. Although this version works on Cygwin, but
I'm convinced that it's incorrect usage.

If you want to have fake symlinks support on native Windows you need
to install my win32symlinks plugin, but it works not very good with
newest version of bzr (> 0.17). I know it and should say that I can't
"fix" my plugin, because problem lies inside bzr itself.

Right now I'm working on integrating fake symlinks support to bzr core,
because I need it too much for my job. I hope in next week I'll have
usable version.

> bzr: ERROR: exceptions.AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute
> 'symlink'
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "bzrlib\commands.pyc", line 800, in run_bzr_catch_errors
>   File "bzrlib\commands.pyc", line 758, in run_bzr
>   File "bzrlib\commands.pyc", line 492, in run_argv_aliases
>   File "bzrlib\builtins.pyc", line 970, in run
>   File "bzrlib\branch.pyc", line 782, in create_checkout
>   File "bzrlib\bzrdir.pyc", line 1080, in create_workingtree
>   File "bzrlib\workingtree_4.pyc", line 1316, in initialize
>   File "bzrlib\transform.pyc", line 1265, in build_tree
>   File "bzrlib\transform.pyc", line 1342, in _build_tree
>   File "bzrlib\transform.pyc", line 1437, in new_by_entry
>   File "bzrlib\transform.pyc", line 1062, in new_symlink
>   File "bzrlib\transform.pyc", line 390, in create_symlink
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'symlink'
>
> bzr 0.91.0 on python 2.5.1.final.0 (win32)
> arguments: ['c:\\Program Files\\Bazaar\\bzr.exe', 'co',
> 'sftp://user@host.com/home/user/www/repository']
>
> Hope this is of some use.  The error occurred during an initial checkout of
> a branch, during the Build phase.  Originally it occurred using v0.18, but
> an upgrade to 0.91 didn't solve the problem.

Yeah, of course. Pure Windows does not have such beast as symlinks.

> Rich.

Alexander