[MERGE] show (possibly dotted) revnos in `bzr tags`, allow to sort them by time (v5)

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Oct 26 17:02:54 BST 2007

Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Alexander Belchenko [Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:32:20 +0300]:
>
>> review will be slightly later, but I want to
>> bb:comment that there is the bug about sorting
>> of tags:
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/120231
>
>> You should mention this bug in NEWS entry,
>> because I believe you're fixed it.
>
> Oh, you're right, thanks: I wasn't aware of this bug. Updated bundle
> attached. (I also did --fixes lp:120231, does this get used for
> automatically closing the bug, or how is that done? By hand by who?)
>
> Cheers,

I believe that eventually --fixes will be used by Launchpad. But at the moment
it is not. AFAIK there are some concerns about when to switch it to what value.
And how to handle the branch A merged branch B, but isn't merged into trunk,
etc. issues.

So for right now, I try to use --fixes so that they have data to use to
identify these cases.

But at the moment, when someone commits a fix to their own branch, we want it
changed to Fix Committed. And when it gets merged into bzr.dev, we want to
change the value to Fix Released.

Also, you might be interested in pushing up the branch to Launchpad, and then
associating it with the bug.

You can see the effect on bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/124089

It sets a "Related branch", which allows people who encounter the bug to
realize that there is a fix out there, etc. (It would also be a good place if
someone was interested in backporting a bug fix, etc.)

Also, you can see on the branch page:
https://code.launchpad.net/~spiv/bzr/bug-124089

down at the bottom it lists the bugs that are associated with that branch.

Or you can see here:
https://code.edge.launchpad.net/bzr

The list of all Bazaar branches, and you can quickly see which ones are
associated with a bug.