[MERGE] [PACKS] renaming of experimental to knitpack

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 25 03:33:00 BST 2007

Based on the discussion on IRC earlier today, it's been agreed that
Robert's new awesome pack format ought to be called something less
generic than 'experimental'. This patch renames it to 'knitpack' and
adds support for 'experimental' being an attribute of a format, just as
hidden currently is.

DOGFOODING NOTE: For developers currently dogfooding packs, you will
need to edit a file on disk *once* this patch is landed in bzr.dev. I'll
let Robert explain the details of that edit once this patch passes review.

I'll provide a separate patch giving an 'extended release note' on how
to use packs. I think this change is worthy of being reviewed and
integrated without that document holding it back.

Ian C.