[RFC] branches are diverged: sometimes branches completely unrelated

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Oct 24 09:24:09 BST 2007

Hi,

Today my coworker ran in very funny and ugly situation.
He wanted to pull changes from some branch, and `bzr pull`
said that branches are diverged. When I suggest to run
`bzr missing` we saw veeeery looong output because
these branches was unrelated at all (he by mistake
cd to different project). I.e. these branches are completely
different, but yes, they probably diverged in the sense
of English words (I'm not sure here).

IMO, in this situation it's better if bzr says that branches
completely different so user can understand his own mistake
faster.

Alexander