[MERGE] clean error msg on bzr+ssh timeouts (#115601)

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 24 05:39:22 BST 2007

When trying to access a branch via bzr+ssh that is inaccessible, the
code dumps a traceback instead of giving a clean error message. This has
been reported several times now in various forms - #115601 has 3
duplicates registered. This change fixes those bugs.

I'm pretty sure the code is fine though I'm less sure about the tests.
The tests do detect the 2 scenarios - disconnected during startup and
disconnected later - but perhaps they ought to be done at the different
level, e.g. up higher? There are a heap of smart servers tests so there
could well be much better ways to test this. If so, please speak up.
Even if these tests are acceptable, I'm keen to learn the better way if
it exists for next time.

Ian C.