No subject

Thu Oct 18 14:49:24 BST 2007

class and not every instance, that's a good thing. You can always
refactor later to make it depend on each instance. Before then, a normal
(object) method when a static (class) method is sufficient is YAGNI.

Having said that, I don't think methods should be made static just
because they can be in a given implementation. I like to think about the
core object model and decide based on whether the method is logically an
object or class related thing.

BTW, I suspect Rob does the same thing but comes up with a different
answer to you and I. :-)

Ian C.