Request: post-commit hook needs more info

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Thu Oct 18 03:41:33 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-17 at 21:20 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> > I still disagree with altering the branch hooks to have the tree object
> > passed in.
> >
> > -Rob
> >

> Anything more concrete as to why?

It will make it harder to run hooks closer to the branch. E.g. with the
smart server we expect the Tree to be on the client, and the Branch on
the server. Its also a layering violation.

So I'd be happy with two sets of hooks - one at the Tree level and one
at the Branch level, which will do what you need easily AFAICT and is
clean.

-Rob