Getting Started with Bazaar presentation updated (and ready for the masses)

James Westby jw+debian at jameswestby.net
Wed Oct 17 18:01:39 BST 2007

On (17/10/07 10:19), John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> I know smurf was a joke. But honestly I'm starting to like the idea of "can you
> send a smurf?". It sort of accentuates that the name is arbitrary, so it might
> as well be fun.
>
> Standard/Simple/Sexy Merge [U?] Request/Revision/Recipe Format
>
> We could leave out the 'u' and just do "SMRF" and say it is "pronounced 'smurf'".

I would recommend against smurf. Firstly it could be seen as a little
too playful. Maybe you would like to cultivate a more playful image, but
it may colour some people's view of the tool.

Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the word carries multiple meanings,
at least one of which is certainly undesirable, at least in the UK where
smurf is also a slang word.

Thanks,

James

--
  James Westby   --    GPG Key ID: B577FE13    --     http://jameswestby.net/
  seccure key - (3+)k7|M*edCX/.A:n*N!>|&7U.L#9E)Tu)T0>AM - secp256r1/nistp256