DVCS comparison for our organisation: decided

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Wed Oct 17 01:52:28 BST 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 03:33:48PM +1000 I heard the voice of
Ian Clatworthy, and lo! it spake thus:

>    (We have plans for better hooks support on the smart server but
>    that will only help for orgs that *only* use that technology and
>    not other technologies.)

This is a current big lack.  It means that for practical purposes, the
checkbox item "supports commit mailings" is a "no".

("Sure, you just get everybody ever dealing with this codebase to
install this plugin on every system they work on, maybe updating it
once in a while when an API changes or we change how we want the mails
to look, and set this config item on every checkout of trunk they have
wherever, making sure to update it everywhere if we change the
desination address for a given project, oh, and make sure every system
has a properly working SMTP setup at all times" is *NOT* a solution.)

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net