Storing repo on WebDAV

Ben Gerdemann gmane at ibeni.net
Wed Oct 17 01:21:04 BST 2007

Has anyone tried storing and accessing their .bzr repo through a WebDAV
server? I made some quick tests this morning with init and init-repo on
two different servers, and ran into several errors about missing .bzr
directories and lock files (sorry don't have the output with me right
now). I'm guessing that Bazaar uses some file system locking functions
or techniques to insure atomicity or ordering of file creation that
don't work through WebDAV. I mounted the server in Linux using davfs2.

Am I wasting my time even trying this? Is there another way?

Cheers,
Ben