[MERGE]Change "print >> outfile" to "outfile.write".

Blake Winton bwinton at latte.ca
Tue Oct 16 20:00:12 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel has voted tweak.
> Obviously the test suite needs to pass before this can be merged. But I
> really do like the overall effort.

Thanks!

There were a few errors caused by my failure to understand the behaviour
of the trailing comma, and a few places where I had +ed a string and an
int, but nothing too big.  Still, enough for a resubmit, I think.

> You don't need the trailing '\' if you are inside parenthesis:

Done.

> These changes:
> +            to_file.write('      revision-id:' +
> Are probably easier expressed as:
> +            to_file.write('      revision-id:%s\n' %

Done.

> Also here:
> You don't need trailing '\'.

Done.

> I would certainly change this:
> +    sys.stderr.write("  (need %d.%d or later)" % NEED_VERS)
> to sys.stderr.write("  (need %d.%d or later)\n" % (NEED_VERS,))

Well, I don't think that would be the right thing there, because
there are two "%d"s in the format string, and so I'm guessing that
NEED_VERS contains two items, and doing the safe would break it.

(The last two lines should probably change from:
+    sys.stderr.write("  (need %d.%d or later)" % NEED_VERS)
+    sys.stderr.write('\n')
to:
+    sys.stderr.write("  (need %d.%d or later)\n" % NEED_VERS)
but I think I might leave the merger to do that at their discretion.)

Thanks,
Blake.