Getting Started with Bazaar presentation updated (and ready for the masses)

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 16 16:57:46 BST 2007

I've finally got the diagrams and clipart added to my "3hr tutorial" on
Bazaar. It lacks transitions and effects but, frankly, if you care about
those then grab a copy and dazzle me. :-) The latest version is now
available in both OpenOffice and PDF formats here:
http://people.ubuntu.com/~ianc/talks/. If you're doing talks yourself,
feel free to start from it and hack away.

Thanks to Hayashi Kentaro for the original versions (svg) of the
diagrams. I did some editing to reflect how I wanted to explain things.
They looked great before I got to them and I think they still do. :-)

I'll add links to this presentation from the various Wiki pages in the
morning. I'd also like to know what people think ought to be included
from this in the official docs, e.g.:

* nothing
* links to the presentation
* bundle the svg diagrams somehow
* etc.

I'm very biased of course but I think this presentation is now the best
step for new users after Matt's updated "Bazaar in 5 minutes". That will
change once the User Guide is improved no doubt but in the meantime, I
think this nicely summarises how to get productive with Bazaar quickly.

Ian C.