[RFC] [MERGE] Draft 2 of revised mini-tutorial

Matthew Revell matthew.revell at canonical.com
Tue Oct 16 12:36:04 BST 2007

On 15/10/2007, John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com> wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel has voted tweak.
> Status is now: Conditionally approved
> Comment:
> I like Ian's suggestions.
>
> I might also recommend that we merge this sooner rather than later, and
> fix it from there. Because regardless of how it is now, it is still
> better than what we have :)

I've attached a new version.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to look at this. There are now two
"publish" sections - one for SFTP and one suggesting LP as an
alternative method - and I've taken account of the various tweaks
requested.

I'm a little unsure of the bzr send section - should I leave it at
producing the bundle or should I take it further and get bzr to mail
the bundle too?

In that bzr send section, I've also expanded the description of what a
bundle is. Does that go far enough to explain how they improve on
patches, without overdoing it for a five minute tutorial?

I've changed the doc index to reflect the name change, too.

--
Matthew Revell
launchpad.net

mrevell in #launchpad on Freenode