pack format dogfooding - action required - was Re: Problems with bzr.dev tonight

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 16 08:54:30 BST 2007

Martin Pool wrote:

> Because only a handful of people are likely to be affected by this,
> and not on revisions they originated, I'm going to skip making an
> automatic fix and suggest migrating to a new unaffected repository
> instead.

That sounds reasonable to me.

> Basically what you should do is:
>
>  make a backup :-)
>  move your bzr repository away
>  make a new bzr repository
>  branch across any branches of your own that you want to keep
>
> if you have any questions just ask here or on irc.

Robert mentioned running reconcile on IRC as well. Is the order meant to
be this?

  cd new-repo
  bzr init-repo
  bzr branch http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev/
  cd bzr.dev
  ./bzr reconcile
  cd ..
  create other branches

Can we run reconcile on the master copy of bzr.dev on our central
server? If so, does one still need to run reconcile locally if branching
from it after that's done?

Ian C.