DVCS comparison for our organisation: decided (was: Documentation for Patch Queue Manager)

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Oct 16 05:50:19 BST 2007

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> My workplace is currently evaluating DVCSen to decide on a
> recommended standard for the organisation. [...]
>
> My vague impression is that PQM is part of the answer, but, as this
> thread points out in its initial message, it seems to be vastly
> under-documented, so we can't get very far figuring out PQM, and if
> it's very difficult it will still compare poorly to Mercurial.
>
> Please, help us find out how easy it is to support commit-time
> actions and repository hooks for Bazaar. I'd hate to have our
> organisation choose Mercurial merely because of ignorance of how to
> use Bazaar's features.

Thanks to all who improved my understanding of the current state of
Bazaar in this thread and others recently.

Our organisation has chosen Mercurial, based largely on more-mature
and better-documented support for repository commit-time actions.

We hold out hope of Bazaar coming out on top in a future VCS
re-evaluation, but that will be some years away.

--
 \     "If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?"  -- Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |