pydoc bzrlib.FOO as a review step ?

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Oct 15 23:34:34 BST 2007

The one documentation process change I would most like to see is a
requirement for documentation of new external (network or file)
formats.  Two reasons: one is that having a reference beyond the code
may help people who need to maintain it later on.  But more
importantly, it allows review at a higher level than the code which
might help us catch different problems - a few accidents of
implementation of knits (to pick one example) were in the code, but
weren't very obvious, and make more work moving them in to packs.
Normally there is some discussion of a format first so basically I'd
just be asking it be turned into a more finished document and passed
through review.

For example I like what spiv did recently with the protocol changes.

--
Martin