Feedback on my talk on bzr

Martin Albisetti argentina at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 05:11:24 BST 2007

On 10/10/07, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:
> How cool is that! It's great to see the material being useful *and* in
> another language less than 2 weeks after I started writing it, let alone
> published it!

It hasn't been published?
Heh, I tend to grab random talks save them, so I wasn't really aware of that  :/

> I'm working on a paper right now that partially covers those topics. Can
> you elaborate more on which work flows people asked about?

I think the ones that came up the most where "Centralized Work flow",
tu substitute their current SVN/CVS setup, but taking advantage of
bzr's decentralized nature.

The other work flow that got mentioned a few times was using bzr-svn
to interact with current setups.

Those questions came from people working at companies and seemed
interested in changing their current tool for bzr.

Someone also raised a curious question which doesn't seem important,
but I'll mention it anyway.
The presentation focused on showing how bzr improves work flows in
open source projects, and the women was concerned if it was *too*
focused on that and wouldn't fit in a corporate environment very well.
It obviously has more to do with they way I presented it, but you
might want to take it into consideration.

Martin