something should be decided to stop wiki spam

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Tue Oct 9 21:38:04 BST 2007

In case it went unnoticed:

around 21h00 UTC+2

joes2 (n=user at adsl-065-012-220-185.sip.bct.bellsouth.net) has joined #bzr
<joes2> hi. any sysadmins around for the apache server which hosts the wiki?
<joes2> i'm the sysadmin for apache.org, and would like to help you with your spam problem
<james_w> joes2: great, thanks. I'm not sure who the admins are. There was some discussion on the list about the spam problem recently.
<james_w> I think the admins are canonical's sysadmin tead.
<james_w> s/tead/team/
<Peng> tead: team lead? :)
<joes2> those guys don't hang out here?
<james_w> sometimes, I'm not sure who all the team are, so I can't say for sure.
<james_w> joes2: if you would post to the list I am sure you would get somewhere. I don't think there is anyone who really knows online at the moment.
<joes2> which list?
<james_w> unless you want to wait a couple of hours for lifeless or poolie
<james_w> bazaar at lists.canonical.com at least someone will know who to contact.
<joes2> it's not urgent.  at apache.org i think we've managed to drive the spammer off.
<joes2> i was wondering if the same thing would work for your wiki
<james_w> that's good, it would be great to use your skills. Sorry I can't give you the information that you need right now.
<joes2> are they on .eu time?
<james_w> .au
<joes2> ok. i'll try back later then. thanks for the info
<james_w> thanks.