[merge][#129701] better message when unable to commit to readonly branch

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Tue Oct 9 19:10:05 BST 2007

John Arbash Meinel has voted tweak.
Status is now: Conditionally approved
Comment:
(submitted too soon)

It might be nice to include a '\n' in there. Something like:
   bzr: ERROR: Cannot lock
LockDir(http://sourcefrog.net/bzr/.bzr/repository/lock):
Transport operation not possible: http does not support mkdir()

Since we know that the URL is going to be long.

Also, it seems reasonable to do a more specific readonly check, rather
than failing because "http does not support mkdir()".
Or we could make the "mkdir" failure say something about being readonly.

Otherwise, this is *much* better than before, even if it isn't perfect.
(It would be nice to recommend 'bzr unbind' or 'commit --local')

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3Ce01316480710042214l2dbd75e3qb43934640357732f%40mail.gmail.com%3E